Monday, November 12, 2012

But I Just Turned 21?!

I guess I will warn all of you that this post is a selfish one. Many of you will laugh but I am having a VERY hard time with my birthday, which is less than a month away. This isn’t a regular birthday either. I, Katie Moore, am going to be 30.

At this point in my life, I am staying home with Lily and enjoying it more than I ever imagined. BUT (there’s always a but) I guess when I was younger, I thought by 30 I would be running an empire of a company. Staying home with my daughter was never in the forefront of my mind and my career was always the priority.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9483737@N05/3621625591/
Source: flickr Aih
I suppose I shouldn’t complain. I have the love and support of my wonderful husband who works so hard to provide for us, and never complains. He really is the rock of the family and I think especially since having Lily I appreciate him more and more everyday. He has already passed the big 3-0 with few nerves and a sense of confidence I don’t know if I could pull off.

I guess in the end, I am running an empire. The Moore Empire. Although we are small, I am in charge of the way our house operates. I can’t take sick days and I can’t ask for a substitute. Managing our house may not be what I had expected, but I have been blessed with this family that I love so very much.

Getting back to 30. I once read an article about the “30 Things Every Woman Should Know by 30.” There are some items on the list I can agree with but I wanted to put together my own list of what I THINK women approaching 30 should know. It’s not as long, and maybe not as good but nevertheless important to me.

5. It’s okay if not everyone likes you. That’s it. Appreciate the people in life who LOVE you.

4. Get your bra size re-checked every year. Trust me.

3. Learn to compromise and don’t feel defeated. It’s okay.

2. Red lipstick is always in style.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30490455@N04/5069412074/
Source: flickr emma.buckley

1. Nothing beats a night in with a bowl of popcorn, an old movie and some quality family time.

I guess this post wasn’t as scary as I thought. Thanks for letting me vent blog friends!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! 30s not so bad. I'm 33 and don't wish to go back to my 20s! And managing your house is a tough job, don't doubt that girl!! :D

    ReplyDelete