"A comment? On my blog? WHAT?!" Thats usually what I say when I open my mail and find out someone has left a comment on my blog. Its sort of like that christmas morning feeling when you are opening a present, 'what is it, what is it!?'
To my surprise, Jovell, from "A Women's Story" left me the kindest comment I have probably ever received. I would first like to thank you, Jovell, for taking the time to look at my blog AND for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award! I feel so honored.
Wait so what is it I was nominated for?
Well, the Liebster Blog Award is an award that is passed around through the blogging community as one blogger nominates other for the award. To quote Jovell,
"Liebster is a German word meaning "dearest" or "beloved." As Joan puts it, it may also mean favorite, sweetest, kindest, nicest, lovely, kinda, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. Blogs given these awards are those considered as one of the favorites of the nominator."
The award actually is pretty fun- I get to share some info about myself, create my own questions and nominate other blogs for the award! Here are the rules:
- Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post. (Though I've seen other blogs nominate less than 11)
- Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
- Absolutely NO tags back. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.
1. Dog or Cat? Why?
Dog! They play fetch :) And as cute as cats can be, I enjoyed running around and playing outside with my dog growing up!
2. What's the best lesson you've learned in school?
The golden rule of course! "Treat others the way you want to be treated!"
3.What quote do you hold dear to your heart?
"Live the life you have imagined." - you only live once!
4. Who's your favorite "hunk" actor?
So this is going to sound so cliche of me, but George Clooney. The hunkiest of hunks.
5. Fiction or non-fiction?
Hmm, this is a tough one, I really like them both! Fiction allows you to fantasize, leave reality for a bit, but a good non-fiction book always intrigues me though?
6. What do you deeply wish for in your life?
I wish good health for my family and I. So many people close to me have had tragedies in their life. There is nothing I want more than to live a long, healthy life with my family.
7. What is the most favorite dish of your family that you've cooked for them?
Buffalo Chicken wing dip. Every family event I bring this dish to pass... per request of, EVERYONE.
8. What is love?
What a deep question. Love. Love is the feeling I get looking at my daughter. Love is planting a big smooch on my husbands lips because I can. Love is calling my mom just to chat. Love is different for everyone, but to me- "love is felt, not heard."
9. What's your favorite cartoon?
I like to play Barney for my daughter!
10. What's the thing that you dread most?
I hope you enjoyed my answers! Here are the questions I pose for my nominees:
1. Would you rather be a bird or a fish?
2. Lake or Ocean?
3. If you could have one super power what would it be?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. What do you do for fun?
6. What does "go green" mean to you?
7. Favorite food.
8. Secret obsession.
9. Favorite time of year.
10. What did you want to be when you grew up?
11. Name one thing on your bucket list.
(in my best announcing voice): AND THE NOMINEES AREEE...
1. Kat from Mom Kat's Notes
2. Jennifer from Diary of a Working Mom
3. The Diva from Diary of a Diva Mom
4. Nicole from Domesticated Momma
5. Claire from The Secret Notebook
6. Kristy from Vintage Romance- With a Heart for Christ
I everyone takes a click on over to see the nominees, their answers and who they nominated! This is a great award, it sure brightened my day!