Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Lily!


One year ago today, I gave birth to the most precious little girl in the whole world; she has changed my life in ways I didn't know possible. As cliche as that may sound, its how I really feel. To see her happiness, her joy and her youth I have been given another look at what life is all about. I cherish every moment her and I spend together. Although I have yet to unveil pictures of her adorable little self online, I dedicate this post to her. Here's to you, beautiful girl.

We celebrated Lily's birthday over the weekend with family and close friends. It turned out to be better than I ever could have expected. I baked. My mom baked. Friends brought a few dishes to pass. And everyone, I mean EVERYONE, brought presents. As if this little child doesn't have enough toys, clothes accessories and everything else in the world, right? (Guess I am going to have to do some closet cleaning this week!)

As much time as I spend looking at Pinterest, other blogs and magazines (and did I say Pinterest?) you would think Lily's birthday party would have been decked out to the nine's right? Something like this:

or maybe like this?
From: Ellen Bessett Event's


Due to the lack of time, money... and well let's face it, the lack of my creative abilities, Lily's birthday was much more casual than these beautiful parties. We had balloons, cake, cupcakes, PIZZA, and most importantly, guests! For me I would say thats a success right there; we threw a party and people actually came! HA! (Just kidding, of course they attended!) Anyway, here a few pictures I managed to scrounge up from family and friends since I always forget to take them!

Pizza delivery   
the cake my mom brought 
cupcakes made by: yours truly



Ok, ok... I did manage to put some decorations on a few tables, but nothing too fancy! Overall we had a wonderful time with the people we love. The adults shared stories and watched as the older kids ran around playing, and the younger kids as they crawled, drooled and made a mess with their cupcakes.  









After all was said and done, (but not all picked up), and Lily was in bed, my husband and I shared a favorite of ours to cap off the night- chocolate milkshakes!!! As if we didn't have enough sweets throughout the day, but hey, your daughter only turns one, once!






HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY! 
We look forward to celebrating many more, 
Love Mom & Dad




6 comments:

  1. So sweet! Pinterest is enough to give just about anyone the crafting blues. What you did for your daughter was lovely and heartfelt. I know that y'all had a blast! I love chocolate milkshakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! It was definitely a blast... can't believe its already been a year!

      Delete
  2. Kids never remember the decor anyways! I have no clue what any of my birthday party decorations looked like until I was at least 6 or 7, and even then it's pretty fuzzy! We usually have my daughter's party at a park, so I don't feel the pressure to decorate my house like it's a wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chocolate milkshakes looks amazing! It's not about the decor, but the memories and all the guests had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shared this on my facebook page.....

    we can dream, plan and hope for the perfect memories for our children...with wallpaper, intricate snacks and whimsical chandeliers, or like you showed us....

    WE CAN JUST GET IN THERE AND LIVE IT!

    Thanks for the email...will be in touch!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, little Lily! It may not be exactly like the photos, but it doesn't make any less sweet. The fact that there was cake, cupcakes and milkshakes is always good!

    ReplyDelete