Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas with the Moore's

It's hard for me to believe the last time I sat down to blog was nearly a month ago.  Where does the time go?!  I'll tell you- wrapping, trees, get-togethers, baking, more wrapping, gifts and more baking.  That just about sums up what the Moore family has been up to.

With the troublesome news that hit very close to home, I've wanted to sit down and blog about the Sandy Hook tragedy.  Watching the news reports and the vigils on television had me sobbing at one point.  Whenever I tried to sit down and put my feeling into words, I struggled.  I think as a mom it hit me harder than it would have prior to having Lily.  As a parent I could barely watch as other parents mourned for their children.  With everything that has been said, I suppose I will leave it at that.  No need to talk about the issues now surrounding it, just remember the young lives that are now watching over us and if you are at all religious, please say a little prayer.

Back to the Moore family Christmas...

This was Lily's second Christmas, but last year she was only three months old.  This Christmas was definitely more exciting- watching her unwrap gifts and stare at the tree.  My DH and I kept saying "NEXT year, she will really get it."  And maybe by next year, she will have a little brother or sister to keep her company while she opens gifts. :) :)

Here are a few pictures from our holiday this year.  I hope to have more up shortly for all of my bloggy friends.

My mother-in-law's Christmas tablescape, Banana Oatmeal bread (1 of 5 loaves!),  New earrings from my lovely husband (sorry for the blur) and one of our beautiful ornaments (which has our wedding invitation curled inside!)

No comments:

Post a Comment